All I.C. Medical Surgical Smoke Evacuation Filters and Sensors undergo rigorous quality control review and testing. I.C. Medical’s QC protocols call for zero leakage tolerance. Filters are efficient for particles as small as 0.03 microns.
Evacuate Surgical Smoke: Everyone has the right to clean air.®
SAFEGUARDBLUE™ Hydrophobic ULPA Filter with built-in Fluid trap
The I.C. Medical SAFEGUARD BLUE™ Hydrophobic ULPA Filter delivers >99.9999% efficiency on all particle sizes down to 0.03 micron, including all SARS-CoV-2 particles which range from 0.06 – 0.14 micron. SAFEGUARD BLUE™ Hydrophobic ULPA with Built-In Fluid Trap simultaneously ensures that evacuated surgical plumes, bio-aerosols, blood and fluids, potentially contaminated with SARS-CoV-2, will not pass through the reusable ULPA filter to contaminate the smoke evacuation machine, OR staff and patient.
- The unit’s ULPA filter is separate and independent from the charcoal filter. This exclusive configuration maximizes the lifespan and helps enhance the efficiency of both filters.
- A unique built-in filter life indicator measures the flow resistance (i.e., the removal efficiency) of the ULPA filter and indicates when it is time to change the filter. Regardless of how much surgical smoke is generated during a procedure the smoke evacuator indicates when the filter is no longer functioning at 100% capacity. As a safety precaution, the smoke evacuation unit will not start the pump when the filter is saturated. (Note that most smoke evacuation units measure filter life based on length of use and not on degree of filter saturation or removal efficiency.)
- Filtration efficiency results are based on testing done by SGS IBR Laboratories. Testing completed: October 1st, 2020. Test #’s:
- IBR JN: 22280A r3
- IBR JN: 22280B
- IBR JN: 22280D r2
Large Coconut Charcoal Output Filter
I.C. Medical’s patented Charcoal Output Filter is the only surgical charcoal output filter made exclusively with granulated coconut charcoal, the most effective charcoal for removing volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Granular activated carbon 1230C-AW is an acid-washed granular activated carbon produced from coconut shell by a high temperature activation process under stringent quality control. Acid and water soluble ash constituents have been greatly reduced by the washing process. It has a large surface area, excellent attrition resistance, large pore volume and chemical stability. This product is NSF certified and meets or exceeds all food chemical codex, AWWA and ASTM Protocols.
- Granulated coconut charcoal is cleaner, longer lasting and more absorbent than ordinary charcoal.
- Coconut charcoal is hard and durable
- Coconut charcoal has a highly developed pore structure that can capture the minute particulates and contaminants contained in surgical vapor.
- Approximately 90 percent of activated coconut charcoal is comprised of micro-pores less than 4nm which are perfect for capturing toxic gases commonly found in surgical plume, including carcinogenic gasses.
- The unique design of I.C. Medical’s surgical smoke evacuation unit separates the ULPA filter from the charcoal filter. This exclusive configuration maximizes the lifespan and helps enhance the efficiency of both filters.
I.C. Medical’s RF Sensor
I.C. Medical developed the world’s first sensor system for automatic surgical smoke detection and evacuation. The RF Sensor is capable of detecting any cutting device in the operating room and simultaneously activating the Crystal Vision® smoke evacuator.
I.C. Medical’s Laser Sensor
The Laser Sensor utilizes a convenient foot pedal to activate the Crystal Vision® surgical smoke evacuator during laser procedures.