On March 28, 2019, Colorado Governor Jared Polis signed into law an act that requires hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers to adopt and implement a policy that prevents human exposure to surgical smoke, on or before, May 1, 2021.
IC Medical can assist Colorado hospitals and surgery centers with the implementation and adoption of this policy; including Sample Smoke Evacuation Policy Templates, Nurse Education and Training (CEU), and Various Product Solutions (Smoke Evacuation Equipment, Pencils, Laparoscopic Smoke Filtration, Tubing and In-Line Filtration for Existing Wall Suction).
Of additional consideration when selecting your vendor partner is:
- IC Medical smoke evacuation products are 100% Made in USA (many competitive pencils are Made in China-which can be a TAA compliance issue for Government operated and/or subsidized facilities).
- IC Medical is a Certified Women Owned Small Business (may help with any Diversity spend requirements)
- IC Medical smoke evacuation pencils and equipment are 100% compatible with competing Surgical Energy and Smoke Evacuation products (e.g. Medtronic, Ethicon, Dornoch, Stryker).
- IC Medical smoke evacuation machines provide for no peritoneal pressure leakage during laparoscopic, as well as peritoneal pressure monitoring. To our IC Medical offers the standalone smoke evacuator (other than cost prohibitive insufflators) to offer these important patient safety features.
- IC Medical offers the only standalone Smoke Evacuator with Hydrophobic ULPA Filtration Efficiencies tested and rated for > 99.9999% on all particle sizes down to 0.03 micron (which would include all COVID particle sizes).